Home

Home

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

When the going gets tough............

....................the tough make homemade vegetable soup. :)
Watching the snowflakes coming down AGAIN today and thought it would be a perfect time to make some soup.

I got the meat on cooking; just need to add all the veggies when its done.



I kinda, sorta put this little table/centerpiece together. It needs something else and I don't know what. I.think it looks bare. Or maybe the bowl is too small?? The candle is a battery operated on and I can move it, change the bowl or something.

Any suggestions would be helpful. :)

(Sorry for the little bit of blurriness.)

These pics were taken this morning on my way to the grocery store.




I think the beauty of the snow makes up for the problems driving in it. :)

11 comments:

  1. Kim,
    It seems like forever since we caught up....how have you been?!

    The centerpiece...hmmm...It looks like it needs some color. Maybe some a pip berry candle holder/small wreath to sit the bowl on or a simple piece of homespun to lay on the scale? It's a great start! I love the simplicity of it :)

    We're getting snow, too. It's been snowing steady but sometimes it's worse than other times. They're already canceling things and talking about us not going to school tomorrow. Kind of bums me out, really.

    Enjoy your soup! We're having buffalo wings and fries since we weren't home to have them on Sunday :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that scenery is gorgeous! (if you like snow):) I think you're on the right track with the scale & candle. Maybe you could try a larger bowl/container that's a darker color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the other ladies. Color of some sort is needed on the centerpiece or something around the the bottom of the bowl area. cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup ans snow all look great to me as I sit here swealtering in he hot humid summer we are having.

    The centrepiece is cute but definately needs some twigs or Pip berries added that'd make it really POP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am over winter--unfortunately I have 3-4 more months in store. What about a messy grapevine wreath around the candle--something organic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have lots and lots of snow ...and WIND, here in northern most OH. I have some stew in the crock pot and it smells good. The kids have been off school for two days. Yes I remember the blizzard of 78. I loved it, as a kid it was fun. Maybe not so much for the adults who had to go to work.
    I have had fun stoppping by to catch up on your blog.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree too...needs a dash of color! We have A LOT of snow here too! Hope you can stop over for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. veggie soup sounds good. yesterday i made taco soup and today chilli.stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful snow pics! It's cold and windy here, so hot soup sounds pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HMMMMMMM, THAT LOOKS LIKE ONE OF MY SUGAR BUCKETS :) GIO

    ReplyDelete