Home

Home

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nightstand(s) Makeover

Things have been sooo crazy around here!
I have washed my cell phone( lost all my pics on it), found out that my truck is not the thing to be driving in snow, came home one night to a leaking; no, POURING out water heater, decorating for Christmas and more.
I did borrow a camera to take some pics. I was hoping to buy one on Black Friday but, that didn't happen; too many other things to take care of right now.
A few weeks I found some nightstands(VERY similar to the ones in the pic , since mine were on my cell phone that is now long gone) at a local church thrift store.
Bought both for $25.00. I could see past the 70's Early American swinging handles and
ugly color.

While I was talking to the guy running the shop, I picked up a manilla envelope( cause I am always messing with stuff) lying on a pile of blankets and inside it were a few handles.
Brushed Nickel handles-brand new!
I asked about buying some and he told me I could have the bag of them for FREE. yippee!!!

Got out the white paint last week and went to work.

filled in the old handle holes with wood putty, then painted
and distressed with the sander.


I am so, so happy with the results. :)



p.s. I did away with the word verification thingy when you comment. ;)

15 comments:

  1. Cool......
    I am a makeover fanatic!
    ★Linda★
    Please consider losing the word verification to make your posts more blogger-friendly by making commenting easier. You can always employ the owner approval. I am on a mission to make blogs more reader friendly, enabling us to read more and leave more comments! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nightstands makeover!! Great handles...I would love to have that kind on my kitchen cabinets.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOTALLY Awsome !!! And how cool getting those handles free !....go you !....lol
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love them. What a change. The legs are perfect on them. They look nothing like they did when you started. Keep up the good work.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love them! You did a great job!!!

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, "IF IT'S NOT MOVING, PAINT IT WHITE"© STOP BY & SAY HI :) GIO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those turned out really great! Love the new handles, they make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Great makeover!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these nightstands! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the transformation! Makes me wish it was spring so it'd be warm enough for me to paint.
    Happy Holidays!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you list all the steps it took with these particular night stands? Seems like a lot - added legs, added trim at the top, changed the drawers. How long did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look fantastic, are they the same night stands?

    ReplyDelete