Home

Home

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

EAt, TReat & Meet................

Good Morning,

I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. :)
The weather has been so crazy; almost 60 degrees one day and then back down in the
20's.
Last night, I made some soup to take the chill off.
EAT-
This is my version of Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup.

1/3 cup butter
1 clove of minced garlic
1 lb. chicken,cooked
1/3 cup flour
1/2 carrot shredded
1 stick of celery, chopped fine
1 small onion chopped fine
1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach
4 cups of chicken broth
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
Cracked pepper to taste
17.6 oz. of Gnocchi

On medium heat.
Melt butter in a soup pot, add in the garlic,carrots and celery, then sautee,
add your chicken and cook through out.Add flour and stir in flour and mix well until the flour is cooked into the chicken.Next add your chicken broth and heavy cream
Then add the Spinach. Add your Gnocchi last it takes 3-4 min. to cook throughout
Mix ingredients well until soup thickens and stirring occasionally.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

I served it with a loaf of french bread. :)
Everyone loved it and there were no leftovers!


TREAT

These were the flowers I got from my mom on Valentine's Day. They were a total suprise, really, you would have to know my relationship lately with my mom.

MEET

On the back of the chair is B-Nelly , aka, "bertha".

This is where I do the majority of my blogging and she is my proof reader.

Of course, right there she isn't much help. I think sometimes she suffers from "tuna induced coma". :)
Before I go, if you have an Aldi's nearby, stop in.
I picked up milk for $1.89/gal. and bread for 39 cents a loaf last night..

6 comments:

  1. Kim,
    The soup looks and sounds so yummy! I wonder if my crew would like it? Usually when I try a new recipe they love it....something about new stuff!

    Gray cats were always my favorite! I had several of them when I was really young. That was back when I thought I was a cat person...lol I have since learned, you know, since becoming an adult and having my own cats that I like dogs better. Cats are too moody for me! :D

    Beautiful flower, Kim!

    Have a great day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks almost exactly like our house cat! Except ours stays pretty busy, keeping all these dogs in order. She is the boss of the house, you know!

    Thanks for the soup recipe, it looks wonderful!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Bertha is stalking the "mouse"...the computer mouse that is! LOL
    I love the Olive Garden, and I have never had that soup....I must try it!
    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup looks wonderful....think I'll add it to my next menu. "Bertha" is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Olive Garden doesn't have that kind of soup but it looks yummy and I am going to try it! We love the zuppa toscana.....

    ReplyDelete