Home

Home

Monday, November 3, 2008

Fire in our small town tonight..........


I just got home a few minutes ago.

For almost a half hour I could hear many fire trucks coming off the interstate and whizzing by the house. Well, I decided to go find out what was going on.......
FIRE PICS

Two, possibly three buildings are on fire. They are still burning at this time. The air is filled with acrid smoke that I can smell even from my house . I am just heartsick. The Dickens mannequins were just put out this afternoon. Our town was decked out in all its glory. (You can click on the above pic and see the holiday wreaths are lit up. and the fireman going up the ladder......)

I have no knowledge right now of any victims. All of these building have apartments above the store fronts. I will post more details as soon as they are available tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Kim, I am so sorry to read this! Praying for safety for all those involved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, from one Ohio gal to another prayers will be said and safety will be upper most in my mind for our neighbors! Bless you and stay safe! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim~ I too am so sorry to hear of this fire.
    I will be praying for all of those involved. I hope that everyone is okay.
    I will keep checking back to get your updates.
    ~Janene~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this.I hope everyone is safe.Do you know which store fronts they were?I love Springfield.It is such a beautiful old town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad...How awful...God Bless your town and everyone involved..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh How sad to see these wonderful old buildings burning, I pray no one was hurt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my..how terrible! I will certainly pray that no one was hurt and that the damages weren't too severe. Take care today! <3Lauren

    ReplyDelete