Home

Home

Monday, August 4, 2008

Daily chores.....50th post and more...........


Thank goodness I dont have to do laundry like that!! I remember when I was little, being at my grandma's, and her doing laundry with a washboard. Next came the days of being warned to keep our fingers away from the wringer. She said it would make tham as flat as pancakes! lol
I miss the smell of things dried outside. I just dont have room for a clothesline and considering my neighborhood of $200,000 and up homes, I don't think they would appreciate a clothesline in their view!! Shock, wouldnt even be the right word!!

On to my next thoughts, I did make the homemade laundry soap. It's here in my pretty jar with my heart shaped measuring spoon( you only need one tablespoon per load).
I have to say that I do like it!! I stopped the washer midway through the agitation cycle... I was totally shocked at how dirty the water was!! I had washed this load first with TIDE and then rewashed it with the homemade stuff. Totally unreal the dirty water, and it was on a load of whites.


This is my 50th post!! yea!! woohoo!! I can hear a band!! lol
Seriously though, I love blogging!! Thanks to leslie for encouraging me!! and leslie, when you read this...... I am so glad to have gotten to know you!! The internet is a great thing!

We watched "the other boleyn girl", over the weekend. It was good!!
I picked up a couple horror flicks yesterday. Didn't take the time to watch them last night, I was too tired!

My dad has me on the lookout for sausage flavored refried beans. So far, my online search is unsuccessful. No one knows where to find them. Maybe he just dreamed them?? lol
I don't know.

Oh, Kindra at http://3guysagirlandaprimplace.blogspot.com/ is having a giveaway. see if you can figure out what her momma was going to name her( if anyone has her mom's number, please give it to me so I can win those signs!!) ;)

Mary at http://gettysburghomestead.blogspot.com/ is going to post more on doing a floorcloth tomorrow. Stay tuned!!!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 50th post! Yippeee. Blogging is fun I agree with you! Wow what a treasure trove you got over the weekend! I couldn't believe all the stuff you got, and for such an unbelievable price. WooHoo. I bet you were smiling all the way back home!!! Have an amazing day!
    Blessings, Debbie
    ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a clothes line either. My hubby won't put one in for me. He and my son have too many allergies from pollen and would stay stuffed up forever.

    P.S. Thanks for mentioning my floorcloth tutorial. This outta be fun!!!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The homemade soap sounds like a great idea.... can you send me the recipe? I would love to try it!!
    Have a good one,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOppsss..... I guess I should of looked down a little further. Thanks for the soap recipe, Im going to make it!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Have we exchanged links yet. Love your blog, your on my favorites.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Kim!! :) I know I kept harassing you about your own blog! Aren't you happy that I did? LOL

    I didn't comment yesterday but man you found a LOT of goodies over the weekend! WOW! Great job!

    I have a clothesline but I haven't used it much this summer because of the "bug invasion" as I call it amd then it seems to cloud up when I'm ready to hang something out there! LOL But I LOVE hanging clothes out! Nobody cares what we do here...but I will say I don't hang my undergarments out there ;)

    Amazing about the laundry detergent! I still don't know though...what does it end up smelling like? I like my yummy smelling detergents! LOL


    Have great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pic! I was so glad to see your post about the home made laundry soap! I just ordered the ingrediants last week and cant wait to try it for myself. I am glad it worked well for you and hope I have the same results!!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old El Paso does make a sausage flavored refried beans. We have gotten them from our local HyVee grocery store.
    Congrats on 50 posts. I really love your blog-very informative and just the kind of stuff I love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. stopping by to say hi and check things out, I think you should win some sort of award for yard sale bargin hunter you find such great things!!
    blessins'
    Shayne louree

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your 50th post!!! I so need to try this laundry detergent, I hear all these great reviews about it!! Hope you have a great day!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on post #50! WTG KIM!!
    I just got my supplies in the mail to make my laundry soap, the soap it self smells so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on #50!! woo hoo!! I so need to try that laudry soap. I can't believe your water was dirty after even washing them with Tide! Crazy.

    I was rooting for you in the name game. I know you were really trying. There is always next time! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That home made washing powder sounds interesting. Just wish we could get those ingredients over here and then I'd give it a try.
    just found your blog btw and going to read through the older posts now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your 50th post! :0) I have really enjoyed blogging and it has just been a couple of weeks.

    I remember my grandmother using a wringer washer and carrying water to fill it up. Wow! we are sooo blessed.


    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your 50th post! I love blogging too! I like using the homemade laundry soap too! I've been pretty happy with it and I definitely save some money!

    Have a great night!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your 50th post, I'm getting close to my 100th and hopeing I can get what I have for a giveaway done:)
    I know I won't be leaving the prim world..tried it but missed the warmth it brought to my home and Tammy's right, tomuch money invested:)
    *Rondell*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Send me your address and I will mail your surprise....Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot to tell you please do not forget to pay it forward by posting it on your blog and surprising 3 more people. Lets keep the fun going.....Have a great Tuesday....Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kim!
    Congratulations on your 50th post! Isn't it fun? If someone has told me at this time last year that I would be blogging and meet so many wonderful friends, I honestly wouldn't have believed them. But I'm so glad that I gave it a try anyway.

    Please tell me more about your laundry soap. What recipe do you use? I've been making my own laundry soap for several months now, but I have to use 1/2 cup. I'd love to give your recipe a try as well.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete