Home

Home

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Few Things from the Weekend

Hi all,
Can you believe that the weekend is over ?
And Christmas is closer? ;)
I finally did some shopping today. :).
Stopped by Kmart and Big Lots; neither place was really that busy.
Kmart had a few items on sale that were buy one get one free. :)
I bought-
Joe Boxer pajama pants for 2/12.99
Joe Boxer slipper socks 2/4.99
"Men of Honor" dvd 5.00
"Edward Scissorhands" dvd 5.00
Thermal underwear shirts 3.99 each
Oral B toothbrushes on sale with coupon 3/$2.99
and a few other things.
I wanted to have enough to use the $5.00 off $50.00 coupon that I got for signing up here .
I also had a $20.00 gift certificate that a neighbor had given me for tending her garden while they went away for the weekend over the summer.
I ended up walking out of the store with $75.00 worth of merchandise for $34.89.
Our local Kmart is also offering double off coupons starting on Wednesday. I have been trying to get my coupons in order so I can actually find what I am looking for. :)

Saturday I started my day by making some mini cranberry wreaths to hang on our tree outside.
Walmart had cranberries on sale for $1.68 a bag. I used a large eye needle and strung them on dental floss.


Big Lots had Ritz crackers on sale( clearance) for 75 cents a box.
I had gotten two boxes on Saturday ;went back today and got two more.
I wanted to have extras on hand for those holiday cheeseballs. :)


We made chocolate covered Ritz crackers Saturday and that used alot.

Here is the recipe.
SNACKER CRACKERS
Ingredients
1 box of Ritz crackers or similar type of cracker
creamy peanut butter (unless you're brave enough to try spreading chunky) lol
1 pkg vanilla candy coating (chocolate coating works well too)
holiday sprinkles (optional)
wax paper (to put the cookies on to dry, not to eat!)
Directions-
Spread peanut butter generously between two crackers.
Repeat for as many as you want to make.
Melt candy coating in saucepan on low heat, stirring often.
Dip peanut butter crackers into melted coating.
Let excess coating drip off (back in the saucepan, not on the floor!).
Place cookie on wax paper and immediately decorate with sprinkles before coating hardens.
YUM!!!!


I also stopped at Cato's and picked up a new bra for me and a couple for dd#2(Storm). She is the "deer hunter"/no frills sort of girl and hates to shop for clothes. I know she is going to be surprised when she sees the bras I got her for Christmas . tee hee
They had some really pretty styles on sale. I got mine for $2.99 and Storm's were only $4.99 each. So much better than the regular price of $14.99 ea.. :)

In Saturday's mail I received another ornie. Wait til you see it! I wanted to post it today but a couple girls have not received theirs yet and I know they could peek here and ruin the surprise.

Oh, if you dont have a CVS card , well get one. Next week CVS is having some major pre- Christmas deals and things will be free with your ECB's.



We went and watched the Christmas light show at the courthouse again on Friday night. This coming weekend we are going for a horse drawn carriage ride around town. I will try to remember to take my camera.



I have a question for you all. Remember my friend Saundra, the sewing newbie( from one of my previous posts)?
I want to fix her up a "prim goodie sewing basket".
What all do you think I should include? I have some ticking, black emb. thread, some dark wool. What else needs to go in it? I need some ideas.
What type of container should I put everything in? help.............lol

Tomorrow I am planning on wrapping things (after Storm goes to work) and doing a little sewing.
What are you doing??

10 comments:

  1. You gotta love when you get great deals on items you need!!!! =]

    Ohhh, I would add muslin!!! So many possibilities with it!!! =]

    That is so very sweet of you to do that for her!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some patterns? Moonchilds Primitives and Tennessee Ridge Primitives has some free patterns on their websites. so there is two to print and include! take care
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been busy there Kim... I do like your cranberry wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great deals. Love the mini-wreaths.

    I had never seen those "cookies" before until we moved here. Our 89 year old neighbor makes them.... he takes Ritz crackers, peanut butter and white chocolate and dips them .... and nothing on top. He brings them over for Adri'auna alot. LOL

    Made me smile to see the "recipe" on your blog.

    WOLFIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definately the 'master shopper'...bras for your daughter at $4.99. Much better price than Victoria Secret for $44.99!
    And the cranberries look so pretty on your tree...bet the birds thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! You are very much the bargain shopper!!
    And those cracker/cookies look so yummy and easy to make!
    Thanks fro giving me some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what great deals you found! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun ideas, I really like the cranberry wreaths...we have a large white pine in front of our new house that we're going to decorate next year - al la natural...that would look really pretty all over the branches....thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness... you R a true shopper... on saving. I hope to be this good. I just need to take the thyme to search the ads. Thank you for sharing... And don't you just love this Ritz Cracker Recipe... one of our favorites.

    Hoping you a Wonderful, Blessed Christmas... Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl!
    Now...that's some good shoppin! ;)
    Love your little cranberry wreaths!
    Your snack crakers look yummy!

    Have a wonderful day...
    and just in case time gets away from me......I want to wish you & yours...A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete