Home

Home

Friday, December 5, 2008

THrift Store Find & More GOodies In The Mail..........

Hello all,
It has been so cold here tody. The wind blowing makes it feel even colder. I have another five trays of oranges in the dehydrator. They will be going on the trees; both inside and out.
I had to go to town and pick up a few things from the store so I stopped into the local thrift store.


I picked up this chair for $1.99!!!!!! (Sorry the pic is a little dark.)

Got it home; had the neighbor help me get it inside. I had some flannel checked fabric that matched perfectly and whipped me up some scarves for the back and arms. I really like it!! I may have it covered this summer but for now it works as is. :)
What do you think?





I also want to show you some swap goodies I received from a swap on http://www.createaprim.com/


I love all of it!! Thank You Gayle!!!!

I still have 2 naked Santas. They need to be dressed real soon. I can't have Santa unprepared for his big day. lol

DD#2 is going hunting this weekend.
I will try to scan the pic from last year with her first deer and post it . I hope she does well this year too.
What are your plans for the weekend??

18 comments:

  1. I love your thrift store chair its awesome, is that star painted onto the chair.. I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair looks great! I just love to see all of your shopping bargains!

    This weekend I plan to do nothing! ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW what a deal on that wing back chair-love it when that happens!
    Lucky find-Lucky girl!
    ~Tam :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chair is awesome! It looks like it has a nice deep, comfy seat! I love the snowman in the nightcap that you got in your swap goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. $1.99! Wow! I would have snatched that up too!
    It looks really nice with the checked fabric(even in the dark!)
    Have a great weekend, and get those santas dressed...it's cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the lucky one...great chair at a great price. I especially like the snowman goodies that came in the mail.
    As for my plans? I feel so swamping I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great deqal you got on that chair! great swap things too! You hade a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your chair and love the swap goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to come poke around YOUR thrift stores! :)

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for all the compliments!! the chair had been there for a few days. i couldn't decide whether or not i really wanted it. i am so glad i took the plunge and went back to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new chair! What a deal! And I love that snow lady in the corner beside the chair, too! All of your goodies are real nice, don't you just love swaps? ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  12. $1.99!! What a find!

    Thank you for your comment on my post today. There's a lot of us but we always feel alone. It's good to have these blog friends!! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a pretty good deal, that chair. Today we went to a huge antique mall to shop and we found some deals but not as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great find with the chair! I love it:) And I love all of your swap goodies..one of these days I'll do one of those. Everyone always gets to best stuff in them! Have a great weekend! <3Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great deal on the chair, it looks so neat...lucky you:0

    The swap was neat too!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a find.The chair looks great. The star adds a primitive look to it. It has such great lines, and you can splurge in the decorating after paying $1.99.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is amazing!! How wonderful for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kim,
    I think the chair looks great. What a deal huh?

    ReplyDelete