Home

Home

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Whatcha Working on Wednesday ...

Good morning all!
I have been busy getting craft projects finished up.
There are no more "Christmasy " crafts being done here. lol
I am ready to move on to something else. :)
I had gotten a bag of Granny Smith apples a few days and wanted to make use of them. What better way than to make some dumplings!!! I have always used my mom's recipe of making a pie like crust, cutting it , etc, etc. now don't get me wrong, it was good! But after making these and eating some last night... mom's recipe is at the bottom of the barrel. ( good thing my mom doesn't have a computer). tee hee

These dumplings are made with Mt. Dew!! Yes, Mt. Dew!! The kind in the green can, that you drink, that is full of sugar. lol
You can find the recipe and a great tutorial HERE . They are so easy!!!!

Here is a pic of my Christmas tree I took while sitting in the dark last night. I do that occasionally. lol

I will be back later.
I want to see what everyone else is working on today. :)

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love warm apple dumplings with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
    By the way...Your tree looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I miss Apple Dumplings! I haven't had one in a long time! Those looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we used to have apple dumplings on a reular basis in the winter growing up! I have never heard fo making them with mountain deww though-interesting!
    I can see why you would like to sit in that dark and gaze at your tree-it is beautiful!
    ~Tam )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you Kim! You went way above and beyond anything I expected with your secret santa gift... and I was the lucky duck on the receiving end. You are awesome and I love you lots!
    Hugs to you, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh yummy! Those dumplings look so tasty:) And your tree is so pretty too@ I love it! Hope you've had a great day! <3Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh they look so good. I am definitely going to make them.
    Your blog is so lovely, it truly does invite one to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete